Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Does anyone have any GOOD VECTOR map(s) of the New England area of the USA they'd be willing to share? If not in xara format, something in a vector format that I could import into Xara. I am looking for scalability ... that's why I need a vector not a bitmap image.

Thanks, John

Does anyone have any GOOD VECTOR map(s) of the New England area of the USA they'd be willing to share? If not in xara format, something in a vector format that I could import into Xara. I am looking for scalability ... that's why I need a vector not a bitmap image.

Thanks, John

Not sure how "good" this is, you be the judge.

Dave Zubrowski

Xara FAQ
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dave Zubrowski

David. I downloaded it and will check it out.

Regards, John

Hello guys,

When I want to create a vector map, I use Visio geographic maps, you can select the map you want, copy and paste into XaraX.

Move the handlers to get a bigger map, apply some transparency, zoom and put to back, draw at the top of the image following the lines. The result is a good vector map.

Saludos,
    Juan

P.D Also you will need a lot of patience and time. And the Visio software of course...

You can start i.e drawing the Colorado state http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif