Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Guys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I nw have a mural to paint for a friend and its gonna be a mission,so I am going to have to remove myself from the project for a while.Anyway here is an Arch Nemesis for the bot,his name Clay dude and he has escaped from the sculptors lair,hence the sculpting stick still jammed in him.He has a huge dis like for humans as we was about to be thrown in the bin and recycled,he also doesnt like toys because he is jealous,and he doesnt really like anything or anyone.Feel free to use this character if you like or not,I sent the file for him to Gary with textures to look ike clay,and I also made a box with a ribbon that I sent to Mark.

Good luck guys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers.

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clay_dude.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	2229  

Oh ya his eyes are marbles which constantly fall out of /off his head.He found the marbles on the floor and stole them.

Hey guys and gals, I'm still interested in doing lighting/final rendering. I don't know how that'll work though, as the only 3d app I've got is LightWave. There are plenty of object formats we could use to transfer it with...

It's up to all of you.

System Specs:
    AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz
    768 MB DDR RAM
    10k rpm SCSI Cheetah hard drives
    Elsa Gladiac 920 (GeForce 3)

Connection:
    Cable

Yea, the specs are pretty irrelavent! However, the program naming isn't.

Gary, you take the retouching job, you are much better than I and we are going for quality here, not practice! I'll stick with Ross with the textures.

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Steve and Ross--

I'd be happy to retouch anything that needs retouching. Question: Is anyone doing compositing work. Surely, we will wind up with a bot, some artifacts like the hammer and pencils on the desktop, and a background. And none of us all use the same programs.

The solution? Alpha channels, and compositing in Photoshop. You therefore need to decide what the final size of the image will be. Me? I'd suggest 2000 by 1500 pixels, landscape, and we swap stuff off this thread to pass files. And we show low res progress in the forum---to me that would be the most exciting part of this.

I also have an ftp site I will open to participants, so we can swap stuff larger than 300K (Scott, small is not necessarily always BETTER!!!!).

I dropped this insightful note in Jen's thread, where it would be surely overlooked (no offense, Jen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

A word of caution: If you're going to make a toybot the hero of this collaboration, you probably should make one that works, from an architecture point of view. This means a wind up key or knob, the stupid-looking feet that keeps the bot rightside up, and a construction that is well-weighted. This will take some thought.

Also keep in mind that paper decals are common on wind-up toys, you know, meters and dials and stuff. I'm posting this to the other thread, too.

Best Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.