Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

....or is he still busy building his new house?
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

This is my first time back to the forums in a very long time. The new house is finished (except for landscaping) and we are enjoying the country life. Still no snow here yet. I've yet to experience a Prince Edward Island winter.

I hope all of you have been well. It is going to take me a long time to get through all the posts since my last visit! Where I live high-speed internet isn't available. Living with dial-up after a few years with a cable modem is really difficult.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November28_2003.jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	13709  

Welcome to Prince Edward Island Ross! One thing you'll learn about PEI is that the winters aren't as long as the spring! I live across the river from Charlottetown and have a wonderful view of ships going in and out of the Charlottetown harbour and the bright lights of the 'big' city. I guess I'm lucky to be able to live in the country and be able to get high speed internet access too here on PEI! It would be terrible listening to the BBC's Radio nan Gaidheal (Scottish Gaelic)on dialup...

This is my first time back to the forums in a very long time too - long recovery from back surgery.

Slan leibh,
    Reji Martin 2003-11-29

/|====================|\\
    The Wheel Brat
    CONSULTANT TO THE STAIRS!
    ......O
    ...../-
    ...( )\\_
    Reji Martin,

~.~.~.~PEI Canada~.~.~.~
    B'fheÃ*rr GÃ*idhlig briste na Beurla cliste.
    Better broken Gaelic than polished English.
    \\|===================|//
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada

Hi Ross !!!

I am partly outside Xara X these times, working hardly at a project many times reported in 3D.

You were lacking and we were a little bit anxious.

How are your experients with S'ketchup? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

kindly,
    ivan

My mini-tutorials
    botarosa

....or is he still busy building his new house?
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

the Ikea website (for the US and Canada). Can you paste the link or list the model #?

Thanks, John
    P.S. Ikea has a store in Seattle (3 hours drive). I may have to go up there after Xmas and check the showroom out ... I've heard from a couple people it is supposed to be pretty slick.

Great to hear from you. Glad to see your settling in and ready to take up the mantle http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    I've only just got Broardband, and after 4 weeks couldn't do with out.
    Post a photo of the house in the first snowfall.
    Egg
    Egg

> Good to hear the Wheelbrat has returned to the Island. I thought you went West??
    > From Mermaid I too see the lights of the big city.
    >

Yes Ross, my wife & I did go out west - to Kamloops, British Columbia. She has been working on her degree but unfortunately I had to return in the summer for a 'medical experiment' on my back over in Halifax. Loved living in the Rockies, and especially working in all those different and extraordinary carving materials indigenous to the province. Over 40 different native trees and they even have deposits of jade but a very definite lack of the red soil and the salt air! Something about the "Red Isle" that always beckons... well that, 7 kids and a bunch of grandchildren.

Since Charlottetown is such a small city and there's a good chance we'll run into each other sometime and being the more recognizable... keep your eyes open for an old dude wearing a dirty old cowboy hat and riding a wild wheelchair, sometimes with a Chihuahua 'guide' dog or as one of my boys calls it a 'hood ornament'! It'd be nice to say hello in person and welcome y'all to the Island!

Slan leibh
    Reji

/|======== The WheelBrat ===============|\
    CONSULTANT TO THE STAIRS!
    O
    /-
    ( )\_

~.~.~.~~.~.~.~PEI Canada~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~
    B'fheÃ*rr GÃ*idhlig briste na Beurla cliste.
    Better broken Gaelic than polished English.
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada

Congrats to you and your wife on the new digs. N I C E ! ! Looks very inviting and cozy inside too!!

Glad to have you back here at TG, 56K connection and all!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Richard http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com//Publi..._Prowl_sig.gif

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/RAMWolffsWorld
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Nice house, Ross. My Kompliments to . . . your wife. ;-)

Nope, no snow here, just rain - it's very warm, actually.

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")