Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm new to flash and this may be a silly question, but...

How do you make a flash movie "load"? All the flash movies that I've seen have a little icon and the words "loading or loading, please wait" followed by a status bar of some sort.

I don't know if I am asking this in a way that makes sense, but I've been unable to find information on how this is done.
    IP

I'm new to flash and this may be a silly question, but...

How do you make a flash movie "load"? All the flash movies that I've seen have a little icon and the words "loading or loading, please wait" followed by a status bar of some sort.

I don't know if I am asking this in a way that makes sense, but I've been unable to find information on how this is done.
    IP

It's call a preloader, and is actually part of the Flash movie, and it plays until the main part of the movie loads.

If you have Flash 5, look on page 297-298 of the Using Flash manual.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    IP

1. Start with your movie ready and completed before you start to make the loader..
    2. Goto the Scene Panel - Window > Panels > Scene, and click on the little + in the corner to make a new scene. Name that newly made scene preloader.
    3. Click and drag the preloader scene to the top of all your scenes, and then exit that panel.
    4. Now its time to make the loading text or movie clip. Make sure you are in the preloader scene, and create your text on frame 1. Insert a keyframe on frame 10 and thats about it for the text. Obviously you can be a bit more creative than that and use some text effects etc.
    5. Once completed, right click frame 1 of your preloader scene and select Actions. Now in the folder list open Basic Actions and then scroll down to if Frame is Loaded. Double click this so it appears on the right hand side.
    6. When you have done that you will notice three drop down options at the bottom of the tab. You need to edit these for you preloader to work. On the Scene drop down select you main movie scene (Ours is called Scene 1). The Type should be Frame Number which is usually default so you dont have to touch that, and finally for the Frame enter the ammount of frames there are in your main movie scene. (We have 90)
    7.Staying on the actions panel and on that first frame, under basic actions again double click Go To. For the drop downs at the bottom, just change the Scene drop down to Next Scene. Then double click on Play, aslo from the basic actions list.
    8.Your actions panel should now look like this for Frame 1. (Picture)
    9. Still keeping the actions panel open, click on the last keyframe of the preloader scene - (this should be frame 10). Double click Go To. Disregard the other first two drop downs and just change the Frame to 1.
    10. Your actions panel for the last keyframe in your preloader should now look like this.(Picture)
    11. Exit all the panels and save and export your movie to test if it works, you might want to uploaded it to the net to see it in action properly.

You can reach me at one of the following:
    AIM: mindfullkoncepts
    Msn Messenger: ramongerardo@msn.com
    or PM
    IP