Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: who can

explain this, or is it some kind of bug??
    recap: I run Win98SE build2222

Exporting the file as tiff or jpeg gives the lighter effect on the left hand side inside the bevel. This is not in the xar file.
    Would someone be so kind as to download the xar and try this out? If it is me, then there is no need to disturb Xara.com. If you have it also, they'll have to work...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cvisions.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	1918  

explain this, or is it some kind of bug??
    recap: I run Win98SE build2222

Exporting the file as tiff or jpeg gives the lighter effect on the left hand side inside the bevel. This is not in the xar file.
    Would someone be so kind as to download the xar and try this out? If it is me, then there is no need to disturb Xara.com. If you have it also, they'll have to work...

is the xar file.

This is not funny. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Erik,

I tried it with your file and encountered the same light stripe on the left side. However, I went back and changed you bevel from going outward from the box to going inward, and when I exported the inward bevel, I did not have the line. Try having the bevel go inward instead of outward.

Joan

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Good Luck sorting this out Erik. I'm sorry I can't download and try it. It is 9:30 pm here in Nova Scotia and I'm still at work. Enough goofing off for me - I've got to get back to my prison job. Bye-the-way, I'm taking reservations if anyone wants a nice private room complete with a firm concrete bunk...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Erik, greetings.

this is an extension of the known bitmap-filled bevel bug. You'll also see the same effect if you right-click on the object and create a bitmap copy.

In my experience, it seems to happen when you resize/shrink a larger bevelled object with a bitmap or fractal fill in the bevel.

The workaround posted by Mark from Xara is to go into Utilities;Options;View and check the Never Smooth option in the Bitmaps section.

The problem will go away although you will find that your fractal/bitmap fills are slightly grainier, not smoothed.

I'm hoping this will be one of the things fixed in the next Xara X release (to appear in a week or so).

Regards, Myles.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Erik,

though I couln't use your type face, I could export a correct bitmap and even create a correct bitmap copy.

I deleted the bevels and applied a new one.

Simple solution.

ciao,
    jens
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cvisions011.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	5544  
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

to you all for the quick reply. Jens, it is indeed the fractal filling in the bevel that is important to me. So if I undo the bevel in the original, then group and copy and give it a simple greenish fill colour to stay in the same hues, if I then give this a fractal filled bevel and make a bitmap out of it, and then center the original without bevel on the bevelled copy and then export it it might work. I'll try it out.
    Being a -ahum- very disciplined man (don't laugh!!!) I have less time now to spend with Xara as duty calls.

But this forum is relaxing, AND gives energy and visions. Thanx to you all for that!

ERIK [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hey folks...

I believe i posted a very similar (if not identical) problem a while back. There were a few of us working it out, and i think we found a reasonable solution.

Read this: Bevel Export Bug

Mark...

Thanks for reminding me. I read it then, but couldn't really follow what it was all about then. As I can now, I definitely learned something.

I'll certainly try, but what I did was without any bitmap fills or even copies. Everything is done from scratch in Xara with cloning, and fractal fills and transparancy. I like working like this as it is the fastest way to learn a programme: no plug ins, no special options. Only the basic features.
    What is so great in Xara is that you have vectors that behave like bitmaps. Only Masking possibilities are missing, although there is certainly a technique to handle that. It must be possible in Xara to paint with transparancy.

I think that this little backdrop and gumption trap will be fixed in the patch they'll publish on Xara's site next week or so.

PS: I like your fountain. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]