Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello all,

Hey, can someone help me out. I'm trying to recall the name of Macromedia's ill fated 3D program. What did they call that sucka???

Thanks,

J. Scott Hamlin
    director, Eyeland Studio
    author: Flash 5 Magic
    www.eyeland.com

Hello all,

Hey, can someone help me out. I'm trying to recall the name of Macromedia's ill fated 3D program. What did they call that sucka???

Thanks,

J. Scott Hamlin
    director, Eyeland Studio
    www.eyeland.com

Hi J

Was it Vecta 3D? Or was that just a vector converter plugin for 3DSM? .. which to my knowledge, exported at one's own risk. I never tried it myself.

BTW, I bought and read cover to cover , "Effective Web Animation" a couple years ago. Excellent! It opened my eyes to a prudent approach to graphics authoring for the web in general. Though I went on later to animate more in Flash and less .gif, I brought along a concious attitude toward optimizing anything for the web... even before I bought (on your name), "Flash 4 Magic". Which, sorry to say, disappointed me.

But folks, don't take my word for it ;-)

Nevertheless, good to see you here and good luck with your future projects.

Wayne

Hey J...

I think it was called "Extreme 3D".

And i also think that Gary, our splendid moderator, still uses this app... i THINK. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Scott--

Christ, we've known each other like before the wheel, and you forgot I wrote an NRP book on Macromedia Extreme 3D????

Get them amplifier speakers farther away from yor head! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Hi guys,

Yeah, I remembered it was Extreme 3D a bit after I posted this and forgot to check back in. Thanks guys!! Sorry, Gary, for forgetting about your tome. You've written so many of them and that was a LOOOOOONG time ago. Also, I never actually used that app. Any 3D dabblin' I did back then, which wasn't was with the doomed Ray Dream.

Hi Wayne. Thanks for the props on EWA, it was one of the few books I actually got to do things the way I wanted. My hands were, relatively tied with F4M and F5M which is why there won't be an F6M with my name on it. Looks like I'll be working with a new partner on a Designer's Guide to Programming ActionScript. Here's hoping all the factors will be in place to allow us to do a solid book.

Thanks again ya'll.

Scott

J. Scott Hamlin
    director, Eyeland Studio
    www.eyeland.com