Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi,

with some fonts i get strange appearances in XaraX while the same font looks perfectly in Photoshop for example - here is what i mean, the cap "K" has these strange blurry lines that shouldn't be there, anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Note that the swoosh is part of the font itself, so not a drawing i added.

Thanks a lot http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

[This message was edited by beatz on January 23, 2004 at 05:59.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truckcompare.gif 
Views:	551 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	5275  

Hi,

with some fonts i get strange appearances in XaraX while the same font looks perfectly in Photoshop for example - here is what i mean, the cap "K" has these strange blurry lines that shouldn't be there, anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Note that the swoosh is part of the font itself, so not a drawing i added.

Thanks a lot http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

[This message was edited by beatz on January 23, 2004 at 05:59.]

I have known this to happen with some decorative fonts which have extra large characters.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

At least now i know i'm not the only one http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    But why does that happen - Charles, any insight?

Thanks

Frank

Frank
    Can you turn it into 'Editable Shapes' in photoshop and then import it to XaraX? It would be interesting to see if you still get the same effect.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg,

but as i use PS only from time to time i have no clue how to do that - i tried the following:

In PS, Layer->Type->Convert to shape, but already then the shape in PS looked blurry/aliased (not like in XX though), then Export-> Paths to Illustrator->Save as TrucKstyle Vector Mask (.ai) but when opening in Illustrator all i get is an empty(white) document - no shape visible.

So what would be the proper way to convert to shape in PS so it doesn't look jaggy and how to export so i can import in XX then ?

Thanks,

Frank

You can't do this using PS it would have to be Illustrator or Coreldraw. PS can't save a vector image which is what you would need.

I see from your last post you have Illustrator, does the font work ok in there? if so export from there as Illustrator 7 after converting to editable shapes. This should then import into XaraX.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Well as far as i know PS can export paths to Illustrator (in theory) so that should be some kind of exporting to vector?

But thanks for the hint on AI7 - will try that http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hello

When Ps exports .ai paths, nothing seems to come in when imported to Xara. Ctrl A will select what ever is there and then you will need to give the path a fill/stroke.

Mike Engles

Hey Christiane - your idea worked !

Converted the type in AI, saved as AI7, imported in Xara..smooth as can be.

Thanks a lot !

P.S. To Charles & Co: It's still a shame such a workaround is needed - just like with the still not solved shadow exporting problem in Xara.Oh well - maybe the new version will have these kind of problems eliminated ?

As besides that XX is a great product really.