Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wings...

You may be able to create a more pleasing effect with the text by breaking it into two phrases and adding them separately on their own curves. Adjust font size and kerning until you get a pleasing balance on each side. On a number of designs I have observed the use of a star or other symbol centered at the the inflection point. Hope this gives you another avenue to explore.

John

Dmagician...your "mould" suggestion worked GREAT!! Thanx!

Mr. Priester: I totaly agree with you about the "artistic" effects of the old ARRS patch. I am not trying to make a new patch, I am trying to make a new, more modern GRAPHIC for PowerPoint presentations, squadron letterhead, etc.

I am looking for realism, sexiness and believabilty...any help would be duly noted in my many briefs...

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

We aren't looking for 'ARTISTC POWER"...we are looking for realism!

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

Hm, I've just considered what to anwer and thinking about helping and giving advices I came to very interesting conclusion. Giving advices is quite self motivating so when I give I also gain. Conclusion: I'm really happy that I could help. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Not just that, they are very much appreciated! As previously stated, I am a new XaraX user...in fact this is my first experience with any vector program.

The help I get on this forum has helped me tremendously and any further help would make me look even better...OOOPS!!! I mean would be greatly appreciated!!!

(For the humor impaired: the above was a feable attempt at a joke!)

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...