Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally got a tablet. Having fun with discovering what I can do with it, I got out an old drawing (I was 10)and try to redraw it.
    I think it was my version of "evil" at that time.

Anyway, the tablet is a great tool to have.

Have a nice day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Dan Fournier
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boogyman.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	15491  
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

Finally got a tablet. Having fun with discovering what I can do with it, I got out an old drawing (I was 10)and try to redraw it.
    I think it was my version of "evil" at that time.

Anyway, the tablet is a great tool to have.

Have a nice day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Dan Fournier
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

Aint they wonderful tools?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Mine is a Wacom Intuos II 6X8. It's paid for itself twice in the time and the stress it has saved me!!!

Nice drawing by the way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Yahoo, another tablet artist is born... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Aren't they great little tools ?

Have fun with the new tool there Dan, look forward to viewing more fine worx from you...
    (pretty durn impressive for a 10 year old's drawing, heck you had more talent at ten than I do at _0 something... hehe ) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Nice drawing... I posted a question awhile back about my Wacom Intuous2 6x9 tablet. I am new to computer graphics in general, and even newer to this tablet. What are you doing your drawings in? I've had a heck of a time trying to use it in XaraX...

Any help would be great!!!

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

Neat drawing ... and pretty neat for a 10 or even older year old

Gismo ...

what do you mean you've had a heck of a time using it in XaraX ... does it not work in XaraX? Or perhaps you expect it to work differently. The effects of a tablet are perhaps more visible in a program like Painter (or photoshop, paint shop pro, photoimpact, or programs with pixel based tools which support tablet pressure) . In XaraX, the lines thicknesses don't change with differeing pressure unless you have one of the other brush styles selected (not the normal line for which the stroke shape drop down is used to select a line shape).

In xarax with different brush styles than normal, they can be edited to show transparency or size differences with pen pressure.

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

Gismo .... I only have a graphire so i'm jealous [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (the Intuos has a tilt feature which when used with Painter , you can use it like a wide flat brush and depending on how it's positioned will have the line wide or thin or go between as you draw .... that would be neat).The Intuos comes with Painter Classic. Did you try that out. It would show off the pressure capabilities of the tablet nicely ... at least in that program

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

I am in the USAF stationed in Okinawa, the Intuos I bought cam with Japanese software, so I couldn't use it...I had to download the English language drivers fromthe Wacom website. I do have Photoshop Elements, I would imagine that it works the same way...just need to take the time to mess around with it I guess

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

on the tablet--and try out the Painter Classic that came with it, or the Photoshop Elements...the attachment is the first thing I tried with the Painter program back last Sept. You may find working with this program first will get you started and then try it with XaraX... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    P.S. This is also a Graphire tablet...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	annashum.JPG 
Views:	257 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	15323  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

and I have one with Hummingbirds. I have one visits my window every morning and waits there untill I he sees me, it's the oddest thing. The other day I was out side getting ready to leave and he came and circled me TWICE and then hovered in front of me and then off to feed some more [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Talk about stunning me. I was speachless for a few moments. I love the little dickens, then I see this fabulous painting you did, just wonderful Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Talk about someone needing to post something in the Gallery, this is a piece that many would love to see!!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---