Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

The following brushes are created from vector objects imported from Expression 3. The technique is described in This thread And you will find them Here

Enjoy,
    ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brosses.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	19044  

The following brushes are created from vector objects imported from Expression 3. The technique is described in This thread And you will find them Here

Enjoy,
    ivan

I must get round to investigating expression.

When I saw your first post I thought they would be bitmap brushes but these are incredible.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Hi, nice set of brushes but when I try to use them they always try to draw at a huge line weight size like 100+ and this happens every time I start a new stroke. How do I set the default size on these to be small?

or maybe two,

select the brush and set the line width as desired. Then select the Freehand and Brush Tool, select Edit Brush and press Save. Ooops. I just tried this and it did not work.

OK second work-around. Configure the brush stroke the way you want it. Copy it (Ctrl c) and Paste Attributes (Edit > Paste Attributes or Shift Ctrl a) to the other lines.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

From experimenting, it appears that the Line width of a brush is set by the size of the object creating the brush.
    If you have an object 16 x 16 pixels and create a brush from it it draws at line width 12pnt (Which would appear correct 16 x 0.75 = 12)
    The maths seems to work on all shapes. ie The shapes height x 0.75 = line width.
    Put a simpler way, reduce the size of the original shape and create a new brush from it.
    At least I know what I mean, I hope you can understand my babblings.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Eric ! Even a brushmeister (but you too are one) can miss something important. You are absolutely right; the size of the brush depends from the size of original objects (only a tiny difference : + 0,5 Pt). I didn't find it and was sometimes surprised by the large width of some brushes, but as I my Xara X preferences are configured with "give the new objects the more recent attributes" each time I apply brushes settings I have copied or cutted from an existing line those settings repeats for all the following ones.

Kindly,
    ivan