Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: status bar

I'm having trouble getting to view my status. I go to the window menu select bars, and check status bar. A bar is added at the bottom underneath my color bar, but nothing on it. I notice that when I first click on Xara and the screen comes up for an instant I see a line that says Nothing selected then it goes blank. Any suggestions?
    Dave

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

a reboot might help??

Do you see anything at the far right of your status bar?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Ross,
    I know what you mean a small rectangle at the far right, it's grayed out. I'll give the reboot a try.
    Dave

Reboot nothing, still the same. It hasn't been there since I first installed Xara (CD). It just bugged me not to have it working.

I thought it said "Did you think about a Robot, this was funny but made no sense. Reboot seems more appropriate [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

just take a robot to get his status bar working! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

What happens when something is selected?

The status bar can only display status when something is selected. Or when you move the mouse about the screen the co-ordinated should show.

The left side of the status bar also should display a message such as nothing selected.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Nothing happens when I select a tool or anything. On the right side of the bar, it is grayed out. Moving the mouse generates nothing. When I first click on Xara and it goes thru its loading process,and when the I'll call it the logo screen comes on the bar reads Nothing selected. But, when the untitled page comes on the Nothing selected caption shuts off, and no matter what I do nothing appears.

Try Window/Bar/Status Line, check or uncheck it, then restart Xara. Then see if rechecking makes it work OK. Might work, you never know!

You also might use that Xara Registry checker to see what it is has in the registry.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll