Panfer,

Even Jinny and Thelonious started somewhere. They didn't quite burst forth from someone's head fullgrown [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

But they DO have one noticeable advantage, aside from years of practice. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] They have Painter.

Someone in a much earlier thread once said that giving people Painter Classic was similar to someone on the sidewalk saying "Hey, little girl, you want some candy?" They (the makers of Painter and Painter Classic) know that they will get you hooked and begging for more.

So many things depend on not just having the skill but with having the correct tools to implement with.

Do work on the observation skills Thelonious just outlined and play with the tools you have in Painter Classic (Do what you can with what you have). For example, when I saw the story on Aurora Borealis in The Houston Chronicle, I knew I could emulate that in Painter (and others have shown it can be done in Painter classic also). I knew it could be done because I had played with the tools painter has.

Actually, I'm remembering the waterfalls in your image. Based on your composition, I have to agree with another visitor here. You've got a really good start on the observation part. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]