Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey,
    My question is, how can i print my logo with the same color i have on my screen?

i designed a logo, but the printed-version has not the same color as i see on my screen.

my printer is an ink-jet (hp 960c), so i have to choose the rgb-mode, but where can i select it?

hopefully my description is clear,
    THANX for the answers, gnu_41

Hey,
    My question is, how can i print my logo with the same color i have on my screen?

i designed a logo, but the printed-version has not the same color as i see on my screen.

my printer is an ink-jet (hp 960c), so i have to choose the rgb-mode, but where can i select it?

hopefully my description is clear,
    THANX for the answers, gnu_41

And how new is you HP printer.

There are so many factors to consider here and all effect your final output.

The newest versions of Windows have a color profile scheme that makes color a bit more consistent between the screen and the output.

Have you adjusted the setting on your monitor? Is your room light or dark? What color is the wall behind your monitor. I could go on and on.

The newer HP printers have built in color profiles which help make the printed color more consistent.

And I have not even touched on RGB (the three colors monitors and TVs use to create color) vs. CMYK the colors used to create color when printing.

Have I thoroughly confused you?

One thing you might try is to change your display in Xara to Printer Colors (Window > Show Printer Colors). This setting mutes your colors and makes them look more like how they will look when printed. In many cases it is a more realistic setting if you are outputting to a printer.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

hey gary,

i have solved the problem:

It was the paper!

Nice day,

gnu_41

it was none of the above :-)

Normal ink jet paper will absorb more ink and print duller that a better grade or coated paper.

In the Printer section of Xara's Print dialog you can specify print quality and type of paper. HP prints at higher resolution with more satuatated colors when you use and specify a coated or photo quality paper.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone