Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

...How do I get my picture into my profile?

I did c:\windows\desktop\moi.jpg but obv. Something isn’t right; the box is there but no pic.
    Elsewhere I wrote "...Why are so many people so loathe to put in their details in the profile sections? I like to see the profiles because it helps to get a better idea of where the person is "coming from."
    Are any members afraid of filling in the details or something?" ...any comments???
    Cheers
    Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MOI.jpg 
Views:	1083 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	13551  

...How do I get my picture into my profile?

I did c:\windows\desktop\moi.jpg but obv. Something isn’t right; the box is there but no pic.
    Elsewhere I wrote "...Why are so many people so loathe to put in their details in the profile sections? I like to see the profiles because it helps to get a better idea of where the person is "coming from."
    Are any members afraid of filling in the details or something?" ...any comments???
    Cheers
    Eric

Picture needs a proper uploaded URL and not just an address on your own hard disk. Simplest way without webspace is to upload it as an attachment to Test Forum here, lock the topic, right click the attachment and copy the URL from the properties for your profile. (Disadvantage being that silly forum software forces full reload of picture every time someone looks at it.) Smarter alternative is to find some webspace of your own or ask someone who's already got some!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

PS Or, seeing you've already uploaded the pic to this thread, copy this URL for your profile:

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=5471950242

(The forced reload thing's a right pain with bigger files, but you'll hardly notice it with your 3849 bytes.)

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on July 16, 2001 at 15:50.]

seems a bit long winded to me pete, is that why they call it "INFOPOOP?"
    sometimes i feel like i'm the only person on earth without a website. maybe i should get cracking...hmmm
    eric