I chucked the back of the head and only kept a few bits because it was going to be to difficult to get the effect I wanted,so I start modelling anew.

I am beginning to wonder if halving the object and using symmetry is such a great idea for when I come to texturing as everything painted on one side gets mirrored to the other.

I am learning lots about modelling but I still cant pull off the shape I want.

I only just realized I could use alphas in the way you described above.I think some planning is now in order instead of crash bang as usual [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My Dragon I have decided I want to be different,the angle I am going too look for now is old battle worn and wise,I also want to create a kind of scene where it looks like the old one is passing knowledge to the younger ones somehow {groan more dragons} I am going to call it Clan Dragon.

I need to study texturing a lot more closely there is still truckloads that I dont know yet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Do you have any links for those Dragon images you mentioned I looked last night and couldnt find any I would call suitable for what I want,and I dont want to cannabalise someone elses creation just get some ideas for wings in particular.I want wings that look anatomically correct,that actually look like they could fold in and out as opposed to fold to a point and would break like I have seen before.My problem is I am a perfectionist [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I have a Dragon drawing somewhere that I painted I will dig it up for you,it has a really good head so I might have to look at using it myself yet.

Stu.