Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Error Message

Hi, I keep getting this error message when opening Xara now.

"Some fonts have been substituted because they are not currently installed. The font list in the Document Information dialog displays substituted fonts with an appended asterisk."

The thing is this should only appear when opening a document that doesn't have the fonts installed. I am not opening any docs, just opening Xara with the default template. I have opened and resaved the template still the same problem.

s.g.

Hi, I keep getting this error message when opening Xara now.

"Some fonts have been substituted because they are not currently installed. The font list in the Document Information dialog displays substituted fonts with an appended asterisk."

The thing is this should only appear when opening a document that doesn't have the fonts installed. I am not opening any docs, just opening Xara with the default template. I have opened and resaved the template still the same problem.

s.g.

A question...If you go to "Document Information" under the file menu, are there any fonts listed?

Mickie

Have you installed any of the brushes that are available here in the Swap Shop - Brushes forum??

I found that to be the case for me in the past. So once I located the brush I opened it up in Xara, selected the text tool, highlighted the text and changed it to something common like Arial and saved the document with the changes. Doesn't hurt anything at all. Or just simply delete the text all together, it's not like you can read it when you are applying the brush to a line, right??

Just a thought!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Richard http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hey Richard, thanks a lot to drag my attention to this eventual font problem. Sometimes I save a brush file with the text in a particular font without thinking that this file could be installed in brushes templates !!!

Kindly,
    ivan