. . . from under the shroud of lurkdom to say something here.

If there is a question of ethics in Gary's use of this forum to promote the XaraXone -- and this is a very debatable question -- I consider it to be of a microscopically trivial level of importance when compared to the issue of people getting along with each other and enjoying these forums, and life in general.

Risto, I don't know you except through what I have seen of you here at the TG forums, so that is all I have to work with in trying to understand what has been going on with you. I am quite frankly a bit concerned about you, and it is out of concern that I am writing this post.

You seem to have gone from being a very productive, humourous, easy-going, helpful and positive member of this on-line community, to being a seemingly rather oversensitive and volatile personality, with an often negative outlook. You appear to have made some rash decisions recently, acting out of emotions whose intensity is far out of proportion to the events that appear to have set them off.

We are all human here, and as such our behaviour is frequently irrational and hard to understand or even to accept. But even the worst of the behaviour I have witnessed in these forums is -- when looked at with some objectivity -- just about totally harmless. What can be harmful is a lack of willingness to be tolerant of our differences and to resist the temptation to take offense, even when offense is intended, and especially when it isn't.

So, please, bring on the cooler heads, and show us the Risto (and the Gary) we have come to know and love.

Sincerely,
Glen