Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have MM 1.0 and have used it for several months and like the product. I just purchased the 1.1 upgrade, but when I try to install it, I continually get the message "Please install MM 1.1, if you have MM already installed, please open it and then close it and install the template again."

And so I do, open MM, then close it and try to run the installation again and get the same message every time. What is up with this and how do I get this darned thing installed? I emailed Xara for support 2 days ago and still have not gotten a reply.

I have MM 1.0 and have used it for several months and like the product. I just purchased the 1.1 upgrade, but when I try to install it, I continually get the message "Please install MM 1.1, if you have MM already installed, please open it and then close it and install the template again."

And so I do, open MM, then close it and try to run the installation again and get the same message every time. What is up with this and how do I get this darned thing installed? I emailed Xara for support 2 days ago and still have not gotten a reply.

Can anyone help me with this already??? I emailed Xara a week ago and have gotten absolutely no response. I paid for this product and so I expect to be able to use it. What's the deal???

Vikki, I am having the exact same problem. It looks like we downloaded the template pack instead of the mm 1.1 upgrade, which would then enable us to download the template pack...but we cannot download the upgrade because they say we already got it! I emailed them too with this problem today. Hope we get a reply soon or I will ask for my money back.

Hi.

Hi, download the trial of menu maker from http://xara.com/downloads/menumaker/ and then install it.

next login to your account from which you purchased menu maker and click on the link to download the template pack.

hope this helps

I have just tried what Dave suggests

I installed menu maker 1.0 and then installed menu maker 1.1 template pack and recieved the message that vikki mentions

Next i installed menu maker 1.1 and then installed the menu maker 1.1 template pack, started the program and can access all the templates.

Thanks so much BB2. I tried this and it did finally work. Someone needs to notify Xara Tech that their downloads are incorrect. I had even chose the full download when I bought this and it automatically only gave me the 1.1 templates because I already had v1. They are going to have a lot of angry people on their hands if they don't correct this, especially if they are not going to respond to their tech emails (I still have not gotten a response from them)

Thanks again,
    Vikki