Peter,

I have to apologize, but I totally misunderstood your post. But the bug was on MY end, because English is 'only' my second language out of 4 :-(

Ross,

thanks for the explanation, opening my eyes!

Klaus,

this forum software can be setup in many different ways, but to be honest, I never went too deep into the manual to be able to answer your question. In addition, there are some explanations in it that I did not understand, and I was too lazy to grab my dictionary to translate all relevant words :-)

However, it is possible to give the DC Forums the same look as this forum, and you can arrange the posts in a tree structure, but not like a navigation bar if you mean that. It's more a tab like approach like this
-> message 1
---> reply
------> reply
---------> reply
---> reply
------>reply
see what I mean? In addition you have the choice to display the first 180 chararcter of a message in the header. Of course you can add a rating system as well, and the USER can determine to collapse the tree or not.

Here is an example I have set up a week ago for a customer:

http://www.bobeldridge.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

(pls don't post anything there or register - it would cause a lot of trouble for me: this is a membership site...)

But what's more important is the fact that this forum will run on the customer's server, not on a third party server.

Another important feature: the admin can broadcast alerts or important information directly from the admin page to the registered forum users.

Again, I have to apologize for getting Peters message wrong :-(

Design galore ! FIESTA !

jens