Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Here are some tests again, working with textures, lights and also light and render properties for the last three non realistic images.

Oh ! And these pictures are only screenshots from the C4D demo without any additional work in bitmap programs !!!

Enjoy,
    ivan

Here are some tests again, working with textures, lights and also light and render properties for the last three non realistic images.

Oh ! And these pictures are only screenshots from the C4D demo without any additional work in bitmap programs !!!

Enjoy,
    ivan

Looking good Ivan, having fun with C4D.
    Are you using any modules or just the basic C4D renderer?

These look great either in realistic or non- mode, Ivan. My own favorite would be sort of a combination of both -- I love the real water in the first scenes, but I'm partial to the coloring in the last images especially for the characters --- and you know we are eagerly awaiting your book so we can read the story too = it looks very intriguing!!!
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Thanks for your comments

Mike, I use only the Advanced Renderer in the demo without any modules. For the non realistic pictures I have suppressed any reflexions from the different materials and checked "No Specular" in the Lights Details

Maya, I will try to introduce non realistic characters into realistic scenes. I think that could be possible to determine a light only to some chosen objects ; that's perhaps the solution. About my book, I hope to contact publishers before the end of this year, but perhaps the stories will be published before in some magazines. I will structure them in short separated parts. Thanks for your interest !!!

Kind regards,
    ivan

WOW Ivan, these all look great. I really love the water effects. Heck, that's better than Bryce!!

Now if I remember correctly you modeled in Silo and rendered in C4D??

All the best to ya!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks Richard !!!

Yes, the water effect in C4D is much better than Bryce one (I am also a Bryce user) and also much faster.

These objects were modeled in Silo. However I have imported them from LW where I had rendered them first. Thus the colors were given in LW but there is no difference on this point of view between LW and C4D. I feel better with C4D because texturing is even easier than in LW and rendering is better (I allways had artifacts with LW) and also much faster (2 to 4 times faster for the same effects on the same objects in this case !)
    Creating water or grounds in C4D is similar to Bryce. This function is lacking in LW and that's a shame !!! I don't know for skies but I am only learning with the C4D demo at the moment. I have ordered the XL Bundle because it's price is very low at the moment for LW users !!!

Friendly,
    ivan