Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara3d6-help

Hi,
    Since I live in Canada my copy may be awhile in arriving. I would like to know from people who ahve received a copy if the tutorials are sufficent for beginners in Xara3D6?
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Hi,
    Since I live in Canada my copy may be awhile in arriving. I would like to know from people who ahve received a copy if the tutorials are sufficent for beginners in Xara3D6?
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Do the tuttorials get you to the point where you are doing the same kind of stuff as Mike Sims? No... He has pushed the envelope on this program much more than twice as far...

I personally, do not remember ever reading/watching a tutorial in X3d%/X3d6. This software is easy enough to learn by playing. Gary's/Mikes tuts are well beyond the design limits of the program. If you can half follow those tuts, then you should have no problem at all.

Thanks for the reply John, thought I'd ask about tutorials in 3D6. I did do a Astrolabe thingy in Xara3d6 but my outcome was a tremendous size (to big to post on board and I modified som of the components a little also).
    I thought the help files mught explain the difference between the variuos backdrops bord, oard with holes etc.
    Jim

Hi Jim,

Have you watched the demo movie that comes with X3D6?

Here is what the help file says about your question...

Design type
    Select what design you wish to create. You can choose from:.

Button: creates a button with the text flat on it.

Board: simiar to a button, but the text is 3D as well as the board.

Board + holes: with this option the text is cut out of the board.

Border: the board is now hollow, and the 3D text is suspended within it.

To make your object smaller... use a frame and resize the frame to something smaller.

Thanks for the reply John, but I have tried everything to get the size down, when I get it down to reasonable size it is hard to distinguish.
    Jim

I guess you are just SOL (ship outa luck)... don't know what else to say, maybe Mike Sims or Egg can help a little bit more. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Hi, Jim.

Can you give a few more details about what settings you're using or maybe post the X3D file for us to review?

As far as the tutorials, Xara3D is pretty straightforward and the tutorials for the older versions (my version 6 has not yet arrived) were helpful. I find that just playing with the program works best.

Art