Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Gary, you constantly amaze me!!! The things you can create 'just for the heck of it' are incredible. Is there ANYTHING you CAN'T do??? I think NOT!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kind of you to say that. I'm sure my long-suffering wife could come up with a thing or two :-)

Remember, I have been doing this kind of thing (with computers the last 15 years or so) most of my so called adult life.

I get a tremendous amount of pleasure watching most of you Xara users who post your images here, grow and mature in your skill levels.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Like Gary said, in so many words, it's all about pushing each other to new levels. It spurs the imagination and triggers off all sorts of ideas when you are viewing someone else's work.

Look at the comic book field. A great illustrator like Neal Adams, who brought comics into a whole new level of realism in his character renderings,
    moody lighting, ect...now there are legions of artists that copy his style but have their own exciting twist to it. (most famous for his work on Marvel Comics "The Uncanny X-Men" and DC Comics "Detective Comics" and "Batman"),

Same thing in here. Sounds kinda sick in a way, but we all 'feed off of each other'. Some of us are newbies learning and exploring, some are experts. But LOOK we are ALL still learning, Gary, Ross, et all. Be patient, Fuzzi.

By the way, you TOTALLY made my week. What a compliment you bestowed upon me. ME the newbie. I am honored. Thank you. You WILL be there in time. I think the thing that enabled me to get here, was that I had 10 days off for Christmas and then a week off for my birthday (those two times off are essentially all my vacation time) and with low funds, I just sat at home and plugged away at the program. So, it's a time thing. Invest time and patience and throw in some imagination and youv'e got a sure winner.

One more thing. WE all have our visual dreams, some are more abstract than others and some are more realistic than some. Mine are a mixture of realism and fantasy elements. You should see my paintings and drawings. I scare myself sometimes with what I can do. So this is just another extention of that creativity.

Bless you and Peace

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on January 17, 2002 at 10:10.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---