Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2D challenge

Maya and Dale for your feedback! I was actually going for a mechanical feel, as that is where my head has been lately.

I think I have to (if we ever start voting) cast my favorite as being Steve Newport's piece. The ethereal upward feeling reminds me of looking through a great stained glass window in an ancient european cathedral when the sun hits it just right and sends spot-streams of light cascading through.

Spectacular work everyone!!!!!
    Can't wait to hear what is next, Dale!

Chris

I just finally took the time to visit your website. Very powerful stuff! I had to bookmark it because there is just too much to look at in one sitting.

Chris

2 dimentional shape stuff is not my strong suit, but this is at least pretty to look at [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It was a nice break from all the 'feathers and fluff' [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Jack: I love your design, very neat!!! and dafipp I really like your Walnut Frame, very realistic.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

PS: Great Challenge Dale [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on March 14, 2002 at 15:33.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2_Dimentional_II.gif 
Views:	287 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	1372  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I hope you all can put up with another one from me. I guess it drifts a little from the original intent but it is all 2D.

RAMWolff,
    Nice job. I like it.

Dale Fipp...

Name:	computer.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	3945  

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

OK, let's keep this thread going until everybody has a chance or two or three! I may have a few more images trying to escape from my imagination, too.

I have two more compelling ideas for challenges, but I'll keep them to myself until we've all had our fun with this 2D thing, and until everyone has had a chance to contribute a few things.

I honestly didn't expect such a great turnout!
    Based on what I'd seen here in the gallery, with so much great realistic art, I thought I might get booed off the forum for such an outrageous and simple idea. (or just ignored)

I'm glad several of you also thought this was a good idea, and had fun with it. Since I am new to Xara X, I need to practice the simple stuff, and work my way up to the more complex. This is a good way to do it.

I really don't want to be voting for the best images. (unless they're mine) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] After all, we're in it to inspire each other and feed off of the inspiration, right? I know which ones I prefer, but I have my own tastes, and so do you all.

Ah, what the heck, here are my PREFERENCES: [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Steve's wonderful "stained-glass" painting in light, Risto's self-portrait, then Brian's minimalistic sketch (whaddayamean, "I tried"?!). I like an image that is fairly simple, yet makes me come back again and again, wondering why it intrigues me.

These are the ones I'd have "hanging" on my desktop, if I ever get tired of Steve's staircase.

Dale

Another one......... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Dale Landry on March 14, 2002 at 18:44.]

No brushes in this.

Dale - we all love a challenge, so keep them coming.

Christine

Name:	abstract_2.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	15697  
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

I love Optical Illusions.....

Jack

Name:	Opart.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	13962  

reminds me of a 70's albulm cover.
    Dale that new one is SoOOO Moody [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I love the different lighting effects.
    Chrisitine, something is wrong, my browser is not loading your image all the way. This can't be a bug, seems that maybe the image did not get uploaded all the way, and yet the space for it is allocated, but only about 1/3rd of it loads, strange, and I wanted to see it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

since we are all posting more than one, I did another one, mind you it's very structured.

I like it!! It's Colorful [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Now I'm off to bed..............ZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

Name:	Abstract_Shapes_Challenge.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	18643  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Dale,
    As I think about my last one some more I have to admit that I probably blurred the edges of 2D a lot. The only thing missing is the shadows and highlights. Thanks for keeping it going a little longer.

Christine,
    I can see the whole image and it is fabulous! Terrific layout and simple design.

RAMWolff,
    Another great picture. The colors are beautiful.

Dale Fipp...