Hi everyone,

So, I figured I would share this with everyone here, to help someone in the future, and to those guru's that might have an answer to this problem.

I use two computers for Xara Designer ProX (18.0) (365 subscription), a desktop PC and a laptop. I suddenly had an issue with the program running on the desktop. It just would not start at all. I received an error popup -59 every time I tried to start it. I checked a few things, and followed the typical procedure of emptying cache, rebooting machine, etc. but nothing worked. I finally tried to reinstall. However I could ONLY get 17 to start. I left it well alone last night with no solution. I renewed my 365 subscription yesterday as it had expired, and when I started the program today on MY LAPTOP, which WAS working just fine with 18.0, it said there was an update to my software from 18.0.?????? to 18.5.?????? so I proceeded with the update. It installed perfectly. But then when trying to start the program, BAM, the -59 error popped up and the program wouldn't start at all. Now both machines were dead at trying to run Xara. So, I went into my confirmation email from Magix/Xara for my subscription purchase, followed the download link, which was for 17, I must add, and when the program started, It showed me an update to the "newest version 18.0.?????". I did the update and everything worked just fine. I am now running 18.0.????? with zero problems. I did the same with my desktop. So long story short, there seems to be a big problem with the update to 18.5.????. Use caution.

Tazz