Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
Well Guys I downloaded your downloads and tried playing with them, I wish I were in your league, but have to admit with your simple code you have lost me. I looked in the head and the body for the pages, but do not see where you are putting the code in. I like the way Acorns is using different transitions with navigation buttons, but am totally lost. I want to thank you for giving me something to play with, maybe within the next millennium I will understand some of what you do.
First off, we have been juggling with quite a few balls at once.

For v1.4 I took siran's one-liner and added the means to pause and restart. i put this in its own Layer (Code) but it could have stayed on the MouseOff layer.
The different page transitions are pure Xara. Each page can have its own effect set though Web Properties > Page > Page transition > Transition effect & time.
I created the coloured Navigation Controls from a Text Line of Font Awesome symbols.
In the Text tool, it was then a case of adding the following Links:
  • Restart:: index.htm
  • Go Back (one page):: javascript: xr_prevp(); --will only go back to the first page
  • Pause & Play:: javascript: togglePause(); -- this is some code in the Yellow/Red Placeholder Head Code. I didn't bother with a Pause/Play toggle in the end so the Pause Layer is redundant.
  • Go Next (one page):: javascript: xr_nextp(); --will only go as far as the last page

To find prevp & nextp functions I added shapes with Links to Previous & Next Page, Previewed and checked the code being called on the browser status line. siran opened up the Xara JavaScript, found these and worked out what they were based on. We have different ways of working but they do seem to complement each other.

Acorn