Hi everyone,
I was feeling frisky and decided to try developing my site redesign as a super site (supersite?). But, of course, I have hit a snag.

First off, is it possible to create a mobile variant as a super site and the desktop variant as a regular site? This is my first time creating a mobile site. Or a super site for that matter.

I like the idea of mobile users being able to use the navigation menu or to simply swipe through the pages at their discretion.

The other question is about a navbar issue (which actually is a variant issue, too). On the desktop variant, one of the main buttons (Departments) was intended to link to a directory/landing page with links to all the individual department pages. This is the only button with sub-menus.

The reason for this design is to allow visitors who don't interact well with drop downs and sub-menus to go directly to a static page to find what they're looking for.

Designer Pro isn't having it. It tells me that (paraphrased) mobile users won't be able to access the sub-menu and no matter whether I click "ignore" it removes the link.

I am going to use the mobile variant which will have its own navigation so I'm not sure how to get around this in the desktop variant.

Thanks!