Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
Since 2000 I have been working with Xara.
Anna, Ernie like the rest of us have all used Xara, sometimes in conjunction with other graphic design tools, sometimes replaced by other design tools.

In my times working at design houses ( handling print and online work ), I only ever saw people use the Adobe Suite of software.

When I came across Xara software it stunned me and I have had many happy years using it as a low-cost, highly capable graphics package.

As a design student my advice to you is to become proficient in Adobe software and also look to the Affinity series of software which is rapidly evolving as a capable alternative to the Adobe suite. I suspect that if you walk into a professional design studio today, everyone will be using Adobe software. If you mention Affinity, many design houses will probably know of it, some may even use it. Sadly, if you mention Xara nobody will know of it and it will hurt your reputation should you champion it.

At your stage of your career, do not adopt Xara software as your graphic design tool of choice.