Quote Originally Posted by Faithtoken View Post
I cant flip anything in any of my files now. Only the shape flips, not the fill. Is there a short-command I have enabled?
I have tried restarting the software and tried flipping images in several files, but no luck. I have not been using clipview.
It worked just 1 hour ago.

- Fixed it myself, apparently you can't flip the fill of an object if the "aspect ratio" is disabled.

Want to say that I miss the way I could squash images, for making simple reflections for instance, also the ability to cut an image by shrinking and pressing - (minus).

Also, is there a way to disable the "your language is not available, want too use english instead?"-message that appear every time you start the software?
I'm late to the party on this topic, but just ran into the issue myself. I already voted on this (one of ~40 something who voted??? Should be a lot more!). Silly overbearing move on the part of the software designers to change an existing behavior like this -- worst case, they could have offered the new behavior as an option, i.e., changing default skewing/stretching/flipping behavior to the "new way" vs. the "old way" (you know, the way all other established graphics products do this). Oh well.

Anyway - I had to do something as simple as flip a photo horizontally. I had skimmed posts about this change, but had focused on text, and stashed it away in the back of my mind to deal with next time I needed to skew some text... Anyway - I couldn't imagine why the flip button on the toolbar was doing nothing. I made sure the photo wasn't grouped. I tried dragging the corner to reverse the image -- no luck. I imported it again...restarted the program. Finally searched and came across this. I locked the aspect ratio, and lo and behold I could now flip the photo again. But...if this is a deliberate behavior, as annoying as it is, why not at least disable the flip vertical / horizontal buttons while the aspect ratio is unlocked -- and show an info / hover message when you mouse over them such as, "flipping disabled while aspect ratio is unlocked".

I guess I have to read the rest of the thread(s) on this. I don't have immediate needs to skew or squish a bitmap, but no doubt I'll have to do this at some time in the future, and now no longer know how to do that...