ok Ross you twisted my arm.

The piece of string (tied to my finger) is to remind me about the complex sequence of events required to construct a Golden Section diagram which when installed on your canvas gives the composition a distinct fra-angelico-look (without the angel) (or the virgin) (or anything else for that matter.. in fact the canvas is blank except for a few parallel lines but you get the picture)

Unfortunately I lost the string off my finger as I had my finger in a book ..(html) ..(forms) and the string fell off..

Alright.. this is a tall story. The string is used because the Fra didnt have a slide rule, and to do the job properly you have to create exact bisecting arcs in the centre of precisely delineated lines.

However, a curious thing about artists (apart from the fact ones I know all drive cheap cars) is that the Golden Section is hard-wired into our consciousness; ie: standing on one leg, shutting one eye and squinting out the other at a distance from the canvas and subject, then rushing up to the canvas and marking the relative position of the elements with a bit of charcoal while the point on the canvas is still perfectly fixed (blinking is fatal) achieves the same end.

But for social acceptance, a piece of string is definitely the way to go..

(how did i get onto this?)

(getback to work!!)

Q.