My First Post (Possibly My Last Too!):

Hi. Xara Designer ProX (365) looked to be a good product option for me as my previous software provider was ceasing selling Web-Design Products. Saddened to say that after buying Xara Designer ProX (365) 5-weeks ago I have had major problems with it. I was able to successfully download and install the product (32-bit version) on 13th April 2017 and starting to get into it. However, since updating the product as prompted circa 3-weeks ago (365-Update), I have been unable to use it as I consitently now get "Error-Code-57 (Installation Error)" following Installation and/or Re-Installation (must have done this a dozen times now) and the product consistently fails to open. I have no problems with any of my other software. Accordingly, I can't use it. I have been trying to get Tech Support via the ticketing system and have, to-be-fair, received some replies aimed at sorting this issue, but to-date none of these have worked. I believe I first downloaded v11.X or v12.2 (no one can seem to tell me). I seem to be getting problems with v12.4 and/or v12.6.

CAN ANYONE ON THE FORUM HELP PLEASE? Tech-Support can't appear to sort this problem and I am on the verge of asking for a product refund and looking elsewhere for other options.

I have to say I am somewhat shocked at how "flakey" this product appears to be and starting to realise that Xara is a small company, with very limited resources support-wise (non-telephone for Tech Support). Having bought and used a lot of software in the past, I have to say I have never experienced anything quite like this (i.e. as bad as). Is this product and/or company worth staying with?

P.S. During the week or so I was able to use the product, I also encountered a problem with "Export-to-PDF" - it would not work and crashed on any option other than basic 90-dpi option. I reported this via the ticket system, but have yet to have this resolved either.

AR
19th May 2017