Hello,

I am a Xara user and have been for about 3 or 4 years. I love Xara and only have used Xara for any graphic design.

I recently was hired by a national news publication for Legal Nurse Consultants as their Director of IT Development. I have had to do some graphic design for this company because they don't have a graphic design division as of yet. I am in the process of building that now.

Here is my problem. Every graphic design company that we deal with it seems uses Adobe Illustrator. When I say Xara, I might as well be speaking Greek to them. Now I have a client that we created a logo for, to her specs. It is attached below.

I exported it to Illustrator EPS. When you open it up in Illustrator the transparency on the grid is gone. Every thing else is good. The fonts and gradients work.

I don’t know what to do. I don’t really want to use anything other that Xara but I feel that I have to move to using what the industry is using.

My question is, does anybody else have this problem? If so, what do you do to get around it or is there a way that I can keep working with Xara and get the final product in a format that the industry can use?

Please help. I don’t want to conform.