Hi everyone, new user here.

I am trialling Xara designer and I would like to know if the following is possible with the software please?

1. I open up a pdf of a design consisting of a drawing done with a CAD program, the drawing is my test case of a simple house, front view with door, windows and roof etc., very simple, just for testing purposes!

2. I wish to use the fill tool to be able to colour in as it were (much like a colouring book with coloured pencils) all of the individual shapes.

3. So far when I select an area of shapes all I am able to achieve is changing the line colours, but I am trying to add a fill to the inside areas.

4. I don't know how to change this - do I first need to select everything in the drawing and change or group or something else to the lines/entities or do I need to first change the whole state of the drawing somehow?

I would very much appreciate any help with this, I am only used to a basic CAD program and have not used an illustrating program before. I have tried out Adobe illustrator and I can do this in that, I can open up a dwg or a dxf file and use the live paint bucket tool and it works like a charm, this is what I'm trying to achieve with Xara Designer ... because I'm not going to use Adobe Illustrator with their ridiculous subscription method, anyhow Xara looks and feels better to me, so If I can do this with Xara I will very pleased indeed.

Regards and looking forward to any help that can be given to me

Clive (cct)