Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
Acorn, the Online Content Catalog is the means to deliver new content, so like the program updates it stops at the end of 365. Two things to bear in mind though: Firstly you could buy the back-up CD which includes the full template set (always offered as an option when you purchase) and install from that even after the 365 days and/or if you are offline, and secondly you can download the content from the Content Catalog into your Designs Gallery at any time within the 365 days. Release notes have the details.
Kate, whatever would I buy a CD at the start of my 365 days for? I might consider it as a graceful exit from cover if it had all the updates for the period of my cover.

What happens if I offer up a Xara design file that have the latest gizmo in TG and a recipient downloads and tries it?
It has been bad enough assisting TGers with different versions; you've just magnified the problem.

I have earlier versions of the Xara products that already access the on-line content for that version. I hope these are not being discontinued?
If I can download the content then you are removing a capability that really costs you little to maintain.
You must be able to partition paid-for new content from content delivered after the 365-day expiry.

I think you have just invented Crippleware.

Acorn

P.S. What about purchases in a Leap Year?