This is a little weird sharing these designs here, but also a sense of appropriateness is in the front of my pinhead, too. I was asked several times about updating the look of Xara Xone when I was working the site. Unfortunately, the video tutorials usually took up so much of each month producing, it was going to be "either/or", and content won over new layout.

I did have a second look for Xara Xone, but never had the time to publish it; WordPress isn't as simple as clicking File>Publish Website! :)

The original paradigm was a scrapbook, and it played well with some, not so well with others. I came up with an American Supermarket paradigm for the unpublished design: we have little shops within a supermarket, each with its own identity, but a cohesive theme is needed, "all under one roof", so to speak. The Home page...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HomePage.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	112126

The Tutorial page is harmonious with the top page:

Name:	TutesPage.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	112127

The Giveaway page was as far as I'd designed. Two things I wanted to accomplish were to get the sales icon links out of the margins and into the page, with a "soft sell" tag of copy with them. I also had an idea to show a different extruded shape each month for the inline advertisement for Xara 3D, or whatever it's called now:

Name:	GiveawayPage.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	112128

And the section headers were finished I spent a lot of time with fonts and looking at kiosk signs in malls to get a sense of what a "little shop", a boutique would look like:

Name:	SectionHeader.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	112129

I think my limitation comes from years in visual communications. I try to put a message in graphics, and that is not a good fit for a commercial website.

Name:  G-cube-B&W.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  4.2 KB