Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Live copy in XPGD11 not available?

My copy of XPGD11 recognises that an item is a live copy, and updates other live copies as expected, but does not seem to offer the facility to create new sets of live copies - or have I missed something?

I have a document that I use to set up timesheets on a template and, to ensure that I don't miss any details, I set up live copies of the text field contents outside the page and just edit those. This I did in the full version of Xara, and have used it for several years, having made small edits from time to time.

I have both applications but tend to use XPGD11 for simpler graphics/DTP tasks. Does XPGD11 simply not offer the facility, or is it somewhere else? I cannot find any reference to it in "Help".

Grateful for any advice, please?

[Using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 11.2.3.40788 DL Sep 1 2015 on Win10]

Edit: Just had a look at the same document in XDPX10 as well, and teat does, as expected, show a menu option for live copies.

See attachments. The first two are from XPGD11- the context menu shows no reference to "live dopy", and the second is a selected pre-existing live copy to demonstarte that it is still rrcognised as such:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XDPG11 menu.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	110248
    Name:  XPDG11 existing live item.png
Views: 241
Size:  2.8 KB

This is from XPDX10, and shows "live copy" in the menu.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XDPX10 menu.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	110249
    Last edited by AntonM; 23 September 2015 at 02:50 PM.
    Anton