Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
...That takes me maybe to answer one of Digitalphaser question in post #38 when he complains about the dpi of the raster from the RGB effects. You do the same as you do in Illustrator you create a "Bitmap Copy", OK Illy does it showing the area in a very small panel and asking what dpi you want to render the effect but it is still the same.
Hm... You can make a "Bitmap Copy" 2400dpi. Export the document as a AI file. Open your file in Illustrator. What do you see? Your bitmap is 96dpi. Furthermore the bottom layer is rasterized. Your "Bitmap Copy" will be framed by a rectangle different color. It looks very beautiful.
Or I'm wrong?

Xara may well export PDF files. But DTP is not only pdf. PDF good for designer ---> print house communicate. In this chain, the client is lost.

More and more customers want to have a editable copy of the document (flyer, poster, CD or other promotional material).

The ideal format is PSD file. Each firm has in at least one copy of Photoshop and at least one employee who is able to work with Photoshop. The company can easily update their marketing materials self.

For more advanced user it is AI/EPS file.
The designer must open your AI/EPS/PSD file and see. Here is layered CMYK document, here is shape, here is bitmap, text, guidelines etc... The designer knows that this file was created with professional software. It does not matter what the name of the software and what features it has. The main thing is that the software produces a good and professional product.

Of course. There may be some limitations(f.ex. smart objects, adjustmet layers, smart filters etc.)
But the exported document must have the basic minimum:

1. color model (Xara's AI - limited(bitmap RGB), PSD - only RGB)
2. guides (Xara's AI/PSD - no)
3. layers (Xara's AI/ PSD - yes)
4. formated text (Xara's AI/PSD - limited(no text on curve or roteted text))

It's not my imagination. It's reality.