As requested, I have reposted my question here. I have seen other posts about the same problem, but not a solution.

I had to replace my HD (drive C) with OS and programs, so I installed an SSD and used backup and recovery (Acronis) to reinstate my C drive with the Windows 7 64bit OS and all programs. Almost everything worked except Magix programs and Xara Designer Pro X10 (which worked fine before). I was able to uninstall and reinstall the Magix programs with no problems, including Xara DPX9 32 bit, but not DPX10 32 or 64 bit. At the end of the install process there is a message "The program could not be started. The installation folder may be damaged. Reinstalling.....contact support.. Error code: -1." It seemed to have been installed and when I ran it I got the same message but with "Error code: -59" as did Poouster.

I tried FIX-IT as suggested by Rob-XARA in one post. No success. I tried the downloaded install files and the ones received on CD. No success.

I opened a ticket with Xara. Uninstalled & reinstalled X10, with and without anti-virus and firewall program enabled. Used Revo Uninstall as well to make sure that there were no remnants of X10 left (there were). Used new 32 and 64 bit files from Xara support. No success and haven't heard back from Xara for a week and I'm getting concerned.

I do not have speech recognition software enabled as far as I know, and certainly not the Windows speech recognition software.

One suggestion was that I had exceeded my allowed number of installs. I had only installed XDPX10 64 bit once before on the same computer (and never 32 bit), so I doubt that I exceeded the limit, and Xara support would likely have mentioned it. XDPX10 failed to work after recovery, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail. Note that the install never completely finishes; it gives me the -1 error at the end of the install process, before loading Xara and Xara does not load.

Has anyone who has had this problem been able to resolve it, and how?

Thanks,
John