I am a radiologist and sent out my Xara PGD9 sketch of Willhelm Roentgen out to several academic radiology journals. One editor liked it so much, he wants 5 more drawings and for me to write/illustrate a feature in all six of their issues for 2015.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roentgen3HalfSize.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	102742
Wilhelm Roentgen, discoverer of X-rays

I drew a Xara digital portrait of Wilhelm Roentgen a while ago and recently emailed it to several radiology journals as a freebie they could use on their websites. I got a very unusual response. The editor in chief of a major radiology journal as amazed by the drawing and asked me if I had 5 more. His journal comes out 6 times a year and suggested that I create a one page feature for each of the 6 issues in 2015. I decided to write a series about the History of Light as it pertains to radiologists beginning with Wilhelm Roentgen (X-rays), then Albert Einstein (Photoelectric Effect), then Niels Bohr (Quantum Theory), then Werner Heisenberg (Uncertainty Principle), the Christian Doppler (Doppler Effect), and then concluding with how artists use light to convey reality and how radiologists perceive light in their daily work. A half page illustration and a half page of text for each. This has not been approved yet, but the editor in chief wants it to happen.