Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Exporting in PDF : problems with texts (illustrator use)

I permit to come for a new question that concerns the exporting solution in Xara (I have Designer Pro version) in PDF/X mode.

I have some work to do (in Xara as it is my favorite tool), and have to export it 100% correctly in PDF mode for external collaborators, for allowing them
    to open it and use it in Illustrator software (that's for webdesign : I made the template and external people must be able to use them, in illustrator - or photoshop, it depends)

But I get strange results with the texts, with the advanced PDF/X export solution of Xara (the rest is ok).

I can't get a text that can be simply editable when opening illustrator soft. Instead of a rich text editable, in an entire paragraph, I get :
    - a "word by word" or "sentence by sentence" editable text. <- that's the best case, but happened only with very simple files, with only few words in it
    - a "letter by letter" editable text <- that's unfortunately the more frequent case. If there is a little "too much text" (?!), is works like this.

I send 2 files of examples I made. One simple (with texts, shapes,...), another a very few more complex : just longer texts (only 2). And then the
    "non editable text" appears : you can select only the letters, not words or better : paragraphs.

I put the 2 xara files, and the 2 pdf/X exported files. (I precise the option "convert text into files" is, of course, not effective).

Thank you for your help
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Stéphane
    Graphisme, illustrations & Webdesign - France
    creavisa