I know that a lot of us are bummed out to hear that EyeWire, who has purchased i/us only (as it appears) to eliminate some competition, and now are in a quandry as to purchase from i/us or Xara.

IMHO, i/us has been a terrific sponsor for the Xobe and has given me complete freedom to shape the community and design the site. They have fronted the cost of the site and my fee to maintain it for several years. This alone is a strong reason to show our support.

On a more practical (and selfish) note, if enough of us purchase Xara X from i/us, it might show the EyeWire bean counters that Xara is a viable product and one they should continue to market and promote. If we all decide to buy from Xara, the nearsighted EyeWire bean counters may decide Xara is a nothing product and drop it.

EyeWire has grown very big and very fast (they have the backing of their parent company Getty behind them which means the big bucks).

If EyeWire promotes and sells Xara X, Xara will have a major outlet where people can purchase Xara and Xara can grow the kind of installed user base numbers where the rest of the world will begin to take it seriously.

My recommendation is buy from i/us.

Gary
garypriester@earthlink.net

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...