Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
Humblenations, whether you want to refer to it wrongly as a bug, or a feature enhancement/improvement, which it actually is - you can now use your multi-weighted fonts in v9.
But that's really the point, isn't it? Because you call it an improvement rather than a bug fix because then I'll have to pay for the software. I'm really annoyed to have to do this. VERY ANNOYED. Because it should have worked in the first instance - like every other piece of windows software!!!! Even wordpad or paint. I've just checked. So Xara isn't as good as Paint at handling fonts?! No it's because the type handling engine of Xara was BROKEN. Because it didn't even reference the Windows Kernel properly.

I mean how blinkered are you all?

I've not changed since Xara Pro 5 because of this issue. Ligatures would be nice as well. But that can wait till version 15 or whatever. I don't actually do anything massively complex with the software, as I design book covers, and there have been NO improvements or BUG FIXES worth upgrading for now till now.

I actually went out and bought an old copy of Illustrator which I boot up and and use to make ligatures and use the fonts that DON'T WORK IN XARA and export as PDFs and pull them in because of the problem. This really slows down my work process. And it would be great to be able to use ALL my fonts that I have in XARA because it WORKS!!!!!

Being able to use all my fonts that work on everything else in Windows is a FEATURE?!?!?!?

So now I have to pay for something so I can use my fonts properly that I've paid for?

You have to be kidding right?

I find this incredibly cynical of Xara.