I ran into this today, and from my searches, it appears that this has been a problem with Xara web design tools going back to 2009 (first reference I saw, at least). Here's the issue:

I've created an FAQ page for a website that's in progress. Essentially, I've spelled out the questions on a single large text area ("text cursor"?) on a page. There's a carriage return between items, and the long ones wrap when they hit the width of the text block. I've increased the inter-line spacing, and it all looks great. I've set up a separate layer for items FAQ item that will pop up when the corresponding question link is clicked. Works great, looks great. Only problem is that when a question wraps to a second line (note: this is just a line wrap because the line is too long for the space available), when it's displayed in the browser, it acts as if there are two separate lines -- they highlight individually, even though they're really one continuous line, and should highlight as such.

Any thoughts on this? As I mentioned at the top, when I searched Google for this, one of the first hits I got was a 2009 post by a Xara user running into precisely this same issue.

Any suggestions or revelations would be most appreciated!

EDIT:

I just took a look at the page source that Xara WDP9 produced. Here's an example of a line that wound up wrapping because it's too long tor a single line:

<span class="xr_tl Normal_text" style="top: 76px;font-size:12px;color:#000000;"><a href="javascript:xr_cpu(6)" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,24)" >I already have some life insurance and my spouse is constantly reminding me that I’m worth </a></span>
<span class="xr_tl Normal_text" style="top: 91px;font-size:12px;color:#000000;"><a href="javascript:xr_cpu(6)" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,24)" >more dead than I am alive.&nbsp; Is that really true?</a></span>