Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: February 2013 Video Tutorial - Advanced Image Retouching

As you can see, Dave (and all) I promoted this discussion out of the Image Retouching thread. It didn't help the flow of this month's video discussion and at the same time, the technique is too interesting and the concept too intriguing to get buried in the monthly tutes.

you can use the clone tool to make the vine appear to go in front of and in back of the lettering; you can also use the Eraser tool if you're working with XDP, and you can also clipview the vines, as I've done in the attached file.

Dave, to answer your question about dimensionalizing the vine, use a pressure profile (on the Line Gallery). The other thing you can do to make it look more dimensional is to shade it. I blended a 2px wide line with a 16 px one behind it, using different shades of olive.

You don't need to work between different layers, Dave, unless you want to. You create a leaf and then press Ctrl+Shift+B a number of times to send a copy to the back of the stack of shapes on the current layer.

Feel free to check out and improve upon my begging of the attached file.

Oh, and begin with an inspired font! Ariel doesn't cut it artistically. I used "Floral Caps" Use the lowercase characters if you want to extrude the letters-uppercase are far too ornamental and complex! <click here>.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dave's-vineyard.jpg 
Views:	2265 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	94711

My Best,

gary
    Attached Files Attached Files