Hello All.

First time here, so please bear with me if everything I ask has been asked before. I am inquiring about a basic shopping cart for my web site. Having just read (almost all) the reply's on 'CMS, blog and shopping cart integration' (a previous thread), I am still unsure as to what does and doesn't work. Are there only two choices available (Ecwid and XT-CMS)? I've had a look at both web sites, and the XT-CMS seems like it could be the one that will do what I need it to do. However, the rather sparse looking forum pages have given me doubts as to how good (or even popular) it is. I am not designing for clients or anything. I don't need the pages to 'dynamically' change as extra content is added (I will be in charge as to what changes on the site). I am hoping to start a 'club', so will need the option for a log in, club membership details, discounts, special offers etc etc. The whole shopping cart issue has completely slowed my whole site development down, without the cart, the site is pointless. Bearing in mind I have NO KNOWLEDGE AT ALL of coding etc (hence the reason why I think Xara is excellent - it gives everyone the chance to design their own site without having to rely on templates etc). So, PLEASE, anyone with any experience of a good shopping cart, PLEASE tell me your secrets!

Thanks in advance.

Chris (skalamaroosh.com - still waiting for a shopping cart though! )