Xara Web Designer 9 Wish List

Seamless Pattern Creation Tool:

Having the fill gallery textures is great but would be nice to create your own seamless patterns for use as page backgrounds.

Tool to create Vector abstract lines:

see examples:

Abstract Lines
abstract colorful ribbon

Reverse Numbering

This one is a bit harder to explain and I might have to embed video to show what I mean. Basically it would allow you to set a number for page like the number "1" for your first article you write and then when you create a new page i.e. you duplicate that original page "1" it will automatically create a page "2" link and automatically reverse the links so that your most recent article number 2 will be set to link to number "1" link and link number "2" would link to the older article. It would function more so like a blog in regards to posting new articles.

Email Form Builder :

Creating a web form in Xara would be exciting!

Mobile Website Templates

With auto generated code to detect screen size and adjust accordingly i.e. to switch between mobile site and desktop site

Smart Access Panel: (Speeds Up Workflow)

A panel that has up to 7 tools shown that you can access at any given time via short cut key for frequently used options that you can't remember the short cut keys for. This would be very useful for newbies and veterans on Xara program. The fact is that some short cuts you will not remember their is just too many options and this would be useful for those option you can't remember.

Categorize Pages via Page and Layer Gallery:(improves organization)

For example be able to create a folder called "product a" and place all pages that are related to "product a" in that folder. If you had pages related to "news" place them in a folder called "news". Would be useful when you have a lot of pages to manage.

Better link to page management:

If you have a 30 page document and try to link to a page via link tab you have to scroll through 30 options imagine if that was 50 or 60 pages it would get even more tedious. Add search function to search for specific pages and then pick link from results shown.

Include new fonts

With the new font embed feature would be nice to have some new fonts available

Improve Navigation Menu (make your sub-menus look like they are suppose to be their)

Current navigation menu makes these really weird grey small boxes for sub-menus. The sub-menus should match the standard part of menu. Also when you create custom menu the sub-menus should match. I know the old method of using mouse-over states allow you to have proper sub-menu but I would like to see the automated menu via navigation bar editing properties do this automatically.

What features would all like to see in version 9 of xara web designer?