You did good, Harry, especially if you didn't use the template I offered.

I enjoy it when readers/viewers/user-artists riff on a principle. Admittedly, I'm not sure how many different situations building a twelve-sided objects would be called for, but that wasn't the entire point of the "assignment". I wanted to show what makes 3D: the geometry is the simple stuff; lighting, perspective, texture...these elements make or break any composition that wants to be photorealisitic in execution.

People tend not to feel indifferent about video tutorials: we love them or hate them, and I've been delivering tutes both ways for years, with inconclusive general preferences.

I have been reprimanded for the pace, and promise to slow it down in future video tutorials! Part of it was deliberate and the rest problematic, because I had to synch the audio to the video—I don't use a lavalier while I'm cursoring, everything is post production.

I do appreciate your input, because at the opposite extreme, I've seen tutorials that were delivered like Vermont maple syrup in December. We do live at an accelerated pace these days, particularly on the web, and I was honestly afraid of boring people.

I'd like to hear from entry level users, too, Harry. I'm a little ham-strung (here I go apologizing again) with respect to level of experience and anything I might teach. Consider this: On one hand, Gary Priester has been providing tutorials on The Xara Xone for a staggering 15 years. One might expect that there's nothing left to teach! I don't have the time to pore through every single tutorial posted in 15 years, or I'd be a much older, wiser man, and that's not my charge. So I've taken what I feel is a safe route and I'm simply teaching what interests me, myself.

If it's over too many heads, I'd ask that these heads let me know right here.

Also, I'm going to try to write a featurette each month in the "Tips and Tricks" area. Not a continuation of the single paragraph Tips Gary P. has been writing, because I think he's covered all of the short ones! Expect these monthlies to be longer and geared toward the less skilled artist/user.

Appreciate your comments, Harry,
—Gary