Congratulations on The 'New' Xara Xone and the first tutorial of the revamped site and the new year, GDB. The Xone is looking good, and different.

I found the video tutorial entertaining. Beyond learning the basics, though, I tend to dislike the video format for software tutorials altogether. They're either too fast (your VT is) or too slow and boring. I also dislike having to continually pause and rewind video tutorials to try to discover what I can't see, what I can't hear, what it was that was done some minutes ago (that I've now forgotten) to achieve an effect, or what the event was that occurred off screen with no explanation (usually some keyboard shortcut) that produced the result on the screen. I've got other issues with video tutorials, as well, but I'll quit before going on an endless rant.

In the end, I watched the tutorial about 2/3 of the way through before deciding to stop it and wing it on my own. How many inexperienced users of Xara Xtreme, Xara P&GD and Xara Designer Pro can do that though? It seems that only a few experienced users of Xara's software products have gone through the tutorial and posted their results. And fine results they are. But what about the new and/or inexperienced users? It would be nice to have some new/inexperienced Xara software users chime in and give their opinion of the video tutorial, its content and how easy or difficult it was for them to complete the dodecahedron and, of course, to post their results.

When I saw this tutorial I had flashbacks to the late 70s & early 80s when playing various RPGs (Role Playing Games) was all the rage. I've still got my drawstring bag of dice in a box somewhere in the basement. To that end, I just had to have a go at creating a 12-sided die. Everything to create the image was done from scratch, including the faces/shapes of the the dodecahedron.

This was a fun exercise.

Thanks Gary,
Harry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dodecahedron Die.png 
Views:	304 
Size:	204.9 KB 
ID:	86636