You're right, Steve!

I actually started this thread to point out that, while I had an issue with the change to darker colors, I had used one of the COOL NEW features of XDP6 to make the change less of a strain on my eyes. I thought that it was a great way to show off the new ability to alter the 'pasteboard background color'. Additionally, I was attempting to show that it could (possibly) be used to make a difference to someone else having similar visual difficulties with the overall darkness of the new interface.

As Gary Priester said, "Sounds like a good compromise Harry." I thought so, too! Personally, I'm happier with the new interface after my lighter grey pasteboard modification. I'm sticking with that minor color change/tweak and not opting to the Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S switch that reverts everything back to the previous interface colors.

So far I haven't voted with my feet, or my wallet, one way or the other. They're both still communicating with my brain and my eyes and remain undecided whether to go ahead with the upgrade to XDP6. My choice to upgrade to XXP3.2, XXP4, and XXP5 required much less thought.

Off to play with some of the other new features,
Harry