I am new to the forum. I hope this is the right place as it seems somewhat in between. I am using Xara Xtreme more and more for professional work, so this is very important. While working on a piece, my system started bogging down (older system - happens regularly and I reboot and things work better). This time I closed - what is becoming a very complex file (It is / will look look like something painted in photoshop or painter - high degree of realism with a female figure and a detailed wolf - detailed fur) and Xara froze. Once I forced closed it and rebooted, I opened the file to find all my natural media strokes corrupted - turned into standard lines. Fortunately I save back up files as I go just in case. I still lost 30 minutes worth of time redoing some of the strokes.

I am still new to Xara. Until now it seemed virtually limitless in what I could do with it (I use version 2). As the fur (on the wolf) got more detailed, as well as the rest of the illustration (which is only about 55% done) Xara has been redrawing layers more slowly when I toggle them on and off.

Is there a limit to how much I can expect to do with Xara? I know from testing Illustrator, I could not get as far, doing such an illustration, on my system (HP pavillion DV5000 AMD64 with 1.5 gig onboard shared ATI vid, win XP). Will .5gig more ram help?
Any feedback, or advice appreciated.