Hello,

I have been out of the forums for a while and am glad to see so much helpful info here again.

I have a client coming on Thursday to begin work on a short book project. It is a collection of about 15 photographic images with some short text for each image. I have done CD covers and booklets in the past using Xara Extreme but never a book of about 30 pages. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on Xara workflow for short book projects? I know a lot of the answers to these questions will depend on the printer we use for the project but I am unsure about things like:

1. What is a standard page bleed size for most printer companies in Europe (maybe 0.3cm)?
2. Once I have the exact final page size from the client, can I just add the bleed to that size in the Page Options window in Xara? Do I need to add any other guides to the pages for the printer?
3. Has anyone found a good way to automate adding page numbers to a book in Xara?
4. Are there any other essential things I should be thinking about when working on a book that is going to print?

Thanks in advance.
Kurt